The fabulous Megs assigned me the letter N for the letter game. Leave me a comment if you want to play!! You post ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on.
1. New York! I LOVE everything about it!
2. the North East! The lifestyle is just the best, & I love the Atlantic Ocean.
Here are the rules: 1) Grab the nearest book. 2) Open to page 56. 3) Find the 5th sentence. 4) Post the text of the next 2-5 sentences and these rules. 5) Pick the closest book (not the favorite, cool, or intellectual). 6) Tag 5 peeps!
Book: Nine Stories
Author: J.D. Salinger
Text: Saturday and most national holidays, the Chief picked us up early in the morning at our various apartment houses and, in his condemned-looking bus, drove out of Manhattan into the comparatively wide open spaces of Van Cortlandt Park or the Palisades. If we had straight athletics on our minds, we went to Van Cortlandt, where the playing field were regulation size and where the opposing team didn't include baby carriage or an old lady with a cane.
Makes Five Cups 4 large egg whites 1 1/4 cups sugar 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into tablespoons 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) strawberry jam, pureed in a food processor
1. In the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer set over a saucepan of simmering water, combine egg whites and sugar. Cook, whisking constantly, until sugar has dissolved and mixture is warm to the touch (about 160 degrees).
2. Attach the bowl to the mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat the egg-white mixture on high speed until it holds stiff (but not dry) peaks. Continue beating until the mixture is fluffy and cooled, about 6 minutes.
3. Switch to the paddle attachment. With mixer on medium-low speed, add butter several tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition. (If frosting appears to separate after all the butter has been added, beat on medium-high speed until smooth again, 3 to 5 minutes more.) Beat in vanilla. Beat on lowest speed to eliminate any air bubbles, about 2 minutes. Stir in strawberry jam with a rubber spatula until frosting is smooth.
I ADORE. FASHION, BOATS, ZEN LIKE ACTIVITIES, FAMILY, FRIENDS, DOGS, PHOTO BOTHS, BUNNYS, TINY BOXES, PINK & GREEN, STRIPES, CLOTHES, GARDEN PARTYS, SMALL LEATHER GOODS, VACATIONS, BELGIN LOAFERS, TENNIS, CLOTHES, HORSES, HEAD BANDS, TASSEL DECORATIONS, STATIONARY, TEA, TUNA TARTAR, TACOS, PROJECT RUNWAY, PREP SCHOOL CHIC, CENTRAL PARK, GRAMERCY PARK, FASHION ILLUSTRATION, LAWN SPORTS LIKE, CROQUET, BADMINTON, BOCCE BALL ECT., CLOTHES, WASHINGTON SQUARE PARK, HERMES, MY DINGHIE THE POOKALULU, MONOGRAMS, PEOPLE WATCHING, CAMEOS, SLEEP MASKS & NEW YORK. Not in that order though!